p:IGI+ Multi-client Software Training
Multi-client p:IGI+ Software Training
Next Course: 20th - 24th September 2021 - online
Course Summary and learning objectives
p:IGI+ is one of three software programs IGI offers. The course focus is on p:IGI+, but during the topics, participants will be introduced to both ig.NET and Metis where appropriate and shown how they link together.
- Populate a project with sample and site data
- Sort and harmonise data entries ahead of filtering data based on interpretation aims
- Visualise project data across a range of interactive plots and maps
- Interrogate data using statistical techniques such as PCA
Who should attend this course?
- Familiar with p:IGI-3 and who wish to learn about p:IGI+ and its new functionality in order to transition over to using p:IGI+
- New users of p:IGI+ who want to gain formal instructor-led training in the software
- Current users of p:IGI+ looking to undertake periodic training to keep abreast of the enhancements and additional features included in the software
- A user is given or inherits a p:IGI+ project already populated with data. The user conducts interpretation with the data that is present. Periodically the user may need to import and merge new data to the active project.
- A user starts with a blank project. The user needs to populate it with data before conducting an interpretation and reporting their finding in external software. Periodically the user may need to import and merge new data to the active project.
Fig: p:IGI+ software course Topics arranged with respect to witnessed working practices. A sample of the core features present in selected Topics are shown to provide an idea of what will be covered.
Moodle Learning Platform
- The Moodle learning platform allows the p:IGI+ software training course to be split into topics, each covering a specific area of the application.
- Each topic will be comprised of a series of lessons which can contain one of a number of activities such as instruction and files for breakout exercises, content delivery through a video series with accompanying resources or short quizzes to ensure understanding.
- An example of a short lecture video is provided introducing Artefacts in p:IGI+. Artefacts are project items made to enable users to locate, view, filter, compare and interpret project data and here we provide a short introduction to each of the available artefact types:
- Access to Moodle and all the course resources (including the software) will be given for the duration of the course and for a set duration following it to ensure a comprehensive learning.
- This approach to software learning acknowledges that applications are often learnt through practice and that attendees learn in different ways and at different rates.
Fees & Booking
£900.00 (+ VAT where applicable) per person
Course duration: 5 days
Course size: minimum of 4 attendees with a maximum 10 Participants ( individual bookings accepted)
This price includes access to our Moodle learning platform, live sessions, course notes and temporary access to p:IGI+ and ig.NET.
Discounts available for multiple courses/participants, please contact us for more information.