Basin and Petroleum Systems Modelling Course
Next online course: Date: 20th November 2023
Click to download Basin & Petroleum Systems Modelling training course booking form
The Basin & Petroleum Systems Modelling (BPSM) course is a balanced combination of background theory and hands-on exercises that will equip attendees with the ability to build and critically evaluate BPSMs, from model parameterization and workflows (1D, 2D and 3D), to petroleum systems analysis and basin/prospect de-risking.
This training program is designed for explorationists involved in the development and/or assessment of petroleum systems models. A basic understanding of the geology of sedimentary basins is the only requirement to fully benefit from this course.
The course is divided into the following topics:
- Introduction to BPSM
- Thermal-burial model inputs, constraints and calibration (e.g. temperature and maturity data)
- Overview of sedimentary basin tectonics and geothermics
- Source rock deposition, kerogen organofacies and kinetics
- Introduction to 3-D basin modelling software
- Hydrocarbon generation, expulsion and migration
- Principles and methodologies of risk analysis in BPSM
- Concepts, flowcharts and best practices for 1D, 2D and 3D modelling (theory and hands-on)
We now provide this course through our new online Moodle platform spread over a period of 10 days. Each topic is made up of a series of short lectures (~20 minutes) and other activities that may include a data workshop, field video, quiz or live discussion session, supported by some additional materials such as reference files and access to IGI’s ig.NET information resource.
The course can also be provided to a single client online or in-person at a client's office over a period of 5 days.
Fees and Booking
Online course (Multiclient) - duration 10 days
£1,700.00 per person
This price includes access to our Moodle learning platform, live sessions, course notes and temporary access to p:IGI+ and ig.NET.
Minimum of 2 attendees per course overall, individual bookings accepted
Discounts available for multiple courses/participants, please contact us for more information