Our technical work is driven by being serious about the science involved in our work, and in getting things right. We care about innovation in all areas, and keep up to date with research advances.
For our consultancy work we maintain an extensive literature database, subscribe to key journals and our technical staff attend and contribute to appropriate conferences. Many of our staff also maintain links with universities, and some are actively involved in research projects and undergraduate or postgraduate courses in petroleum geosciences. All are members of appropriate professional bodies.
Our software development uses an agile like approach, with the user being placed at the centre of all we do. As a team we enjoy innovating, learning and writing great software that works!
We care about people, society, culture and the environment. IGI is pleased to support numerous charities including:
- North Devon Hospice: http://www.northdevonhospice.org.uk/
- Acorns Children’s Hospice: https://www.acorns.org.uk/
- Practical Action: http://practicalaction.org/
- Water Aid: http://www.wateraid.org/uk
- Bideford College: http://bideford.devon.sch.uk/home/index.htm
- Dogs Helping Kids: http://www.puppygurus.co.uk/dhk/index.php
- Taw & Torridge Caring: http://www.ttcaring.org.uk/
- Bournville Warriors United
- Comic Relief: http://www.comicrelief.com/
- Children in Need: http://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/childreninneed
Our selection of charities is based on a belief in the benefits of long term commitment to low level activities at the community level, whether at home or abroad. We also make ad hoc contributions to disaster relief efforts.
We provide sponsorship for appropriate local, national and international conferences including: Geoscience in South-West England (USSHER), British Organic Geochemical Society (BOGS) and the International Meeting on Organic Geochemistry (IMOG).
We are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment through: minimizing travel, becoming more energy efficient, procuring sustainable products, reducing consumption and re-using & recycling where possible.
As part of our actions to offset the impact of our activities on the environment we planted ten new trees on the estate in February 2020, and intend to plant additional trees each year in future.